An online auction of donated goods and services, to raise money for SANDS, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity.

We are gearing up to a new auction. For more information, please visit our Facebook page; by following the link below.

Once the auction has finished, please allow us some time to process all the bids and confirm the highest bidder on each lot. We ask that you then pay for your lot(s) within 48 hours using the lot number as a reference number. Once payment has been received, we will then contact the individual/company who donated your lot(s) with your contact details. Unless otherwise specified, postage will be second class recorded.

We hope you find something you like - happy bidding!



Thursday, 23 August 2012

Wow!

When we started thinking about running an aucion, we thought we might have twenty or so items and raise a few hundred pounds.

Now, just a few weeks later, we've received an offer for our 65th lot. We've had over 1000 hits here, and we have reached thousands of people via our Facebook page. We are so grateful for all your support and help, there's just no way we could have any of this without you.

I'm busy collecting all the photos and details for each lot, and putting together each post. I'm hoping that over the weekend, I can release the first ten detailed posts, and a list of the lots donated so far. But I'm doing that at the same time as washing a holiday's worth of clothes, having a major de-clutter and play Play-Doh bakery with my three year old, so you'll have to forgive me if it takes a day or so longer than I hope.

I know that the vast majority of donations come from people like myself, who have children, partners, work, and, well, a life, so even if I seem a bit of a nag sometimes, I do get how hard it is to find the time to make the item, let alone photograph it and send me the details. And I really do appreciate the time you are spending to help us out. We're very lucky to have such amazing family and friends.

If you have a bit of time on your hands - in between hanging out the washing and picking the kids up from school - sit down with a cuppa, browse the Facebook group and make a mental note of what item you want to bid on! or Tweet all the celebs you follow with the details of the auction. Thanks you lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for bidding!